Wednesday, December 7, 2011

145lbs...time to get in shape!

OK yes, I did just call myself out big time.  But if I don't get motivated and start working out, then 'Big-Time' is going to be my new nickname!  So, as you all probably know, I had a baby boy, Payson, on August 3 of this year.  However, he is now 4 months old, and Mommy no longer has an excuse for why she weighs so much.

I have always loved working out and being in shape.  I was definitely at my best in and right after high school.  During high school I ran cross country, played basketball, and ran track.  All the running gave me a great base, and with basketball I was lifting four times a week and getting some awesome sprint workouts in.  I also ate like a horse.  But, when you're young, you 1. have all the time in the world to workout, and 2. can eat like that because your metabolism is kicking, and your burning tons of calories working out.

My college days were decent, although I definitely felt myself getting tired faster, and there was more stress and way less time.  The nice part was I was playing basketball which still gave me the structure to workout, and also the competition that I love.  Ever since college, workouts are way harder to fit in to my schedule, and much harder to get through.

However, I refuse to stay this weight.  My goal is to be at 115-120lbs by the beginning of June.  I wouldn't normally use weight as a goal, because there is a lot more to fitness than weight.  But, shedding the extra baby weight and lifting will help to drop pounds and also get that flub back to being toned.

Pace and I go to Premier at Sawmill to workout and it is a wonderful facility.  I used to work there, and have always had good things to say about the gym itself.  What I didn't realize is how nice it is for new moms.  I am not totally comfortable leaving Payson with just anyone.  But the people who work up in the 'kid's club' are so good with him, and he loves it.  It is also fun because he gets to be around kids his own age and have some socialization without his moms right there.  (If anyone is interested in getting a membership, I can def hook you up, let me know)

Anyway, I HAD to post this today in order to shame myself into getting back to the gym on a regular basis, and also to have my goal out there to hold myself accountable.  I will continue posting about my workouts as the weeks go by.  Hopefully the workouts will also be a good tool for others who want to get back into gym!

1 comment:

  1. What kind of deals do u have ? My youngest is 3 1/2 .... And well I'm shamed to admit it, but right now I weigh what I weighed when I was full term with her..... Yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete